Our training seminars are delivered in a workshop style, providing interaction with instructors and real life examples to help understand complex topics. This format allows for an environment that is conducive to learning even the most tedious and overwhelming topics. Due to the complex nature of some international regulations, we aim to provide government representatives and industry experts to ensure topics are taught from the most reliable sources.
Kansas Global Training Seminars are approved for continuing education credits by the Educational Institute of the National Customs Brokers & Forwarders Association of America (NCBFAA) and the International Import-Export Institute (IIEI) at Dunlap-Stone University. See below listings for more information on approved seminars.
Here are some of the topics we’ve covered in the past
- Incoterms (shipping terms): Understand the jargon of trade! Anyone operating in the international theater could benefit from understanding international rules and the terms to describe. With these tools, you can better forge and develop strong partnerships across borders.
- Intellectual Property Rights (IPR): Know your rights and how to better protect you intellectual property. Those with intellectual property can stand to gain a most valuable asset: security.
- Trademarks: Learn exactly how powerful and useful trademarks can be when their strengths are capitalized upon. Those with an interest in maintaining an unmarred brand will have everything to gain.
- EX-IM Bank: Figure out how to acquire financing, take advantage of business opportunities abroad and navigate cross-border trade and investment through the Export-Import Bank. Businesses wishing to expand their horizons and look abroad will be better prepared after this seminar for when they decide to launch into foreign markets.
- Regulatory Compliance (If this is an interest, please specify below): Get updated on the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and the Export Administration Regulations. Following the rules doesn’t have to be hard, and all are encouraged to ensure they and their companies comply with regulations without hassle.
- How to find foreign buyers: Finding buyers abroad can be arduous, but we can help you find and build bridges to connect you to your fans from foreign markets. Anyone aiming to connect with buyers around the globe could learn helpful hints and top tips
- Payment, Finance, and International Business: Figure out the complexities of money while engaging in activities like payments, finance, and international taxes. Along with the general public, accountants and financiers could be better prepared and informed while navigating such territory.
- Legal issues of international business: The law can be esoteric and put you in a dangerous position if you aren’t sure of what you’re doing, and international law is no simpler. Anyone with sights set to foreign markets can learn critical aspects of expanding operations abroad.
- Trade Remedies: Trade Policy can sometimes be a benefit or a malus, but there are ways to mitigate trade difficulties. Those affected by trade policy can learn ways to make the most of their situation.
- Export Documentation: Getting your products abroad can require a litany of paperwork, but it can still be made easy. Those who send items outside the country can become better proficient in filling out the requisite documentation.
- ACE Portal: Become proficient with the ACE Portal by learning how to run reports, interact with government agencies, and operate key aspects of the system. Exporters, brokers, service centers and many more can benefit from efficiently and effectively using the ACE Portal.
- How to Classify Your Product: Harmonized Tariff Schedule Code (HTS-US) – Understanding the process of classifying your product is crucial for everyone, and the effects could be played to your advantage with the right know-how.
- International Tax Updates and Tools: As businesses continue to expand and look toward developing new markets internationally, they must be familiar with the increased complexity of doing business cross-borders. Effectively managing these ambiguous and ever-changing tax laws can help companies reduce penalties and risk.
**CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY: Kansas Global event cancellations must be received 48 hours prior to the event to receive a full refund. All refunds will be issued by corporate check and made payable to individual who registered. No-show’s and late cancellations will be charged the full event price. **