Wichita, Kan. (Nov 20, 2023) – Get ready to experience the magic of the holidays like never before with the launch of an exciting new event, the Kansas Global Holiday Market. This enchanting holiday celebration will be held at Riverfront Stadium on Dec. 8, 4 p.m.-9 p.m., Dec. 9, 10 a.m.-9 p.m. and Dec. 10, 12 p.m.-6 p.m.
The Kansas Global Holiday Market is inspired by the popular European Christmas markets that you find in Vienna, Budapest, Prague, and other countries. It is marked by lots of twinkling lights, regional foods, shopping, and a festive spirit.
“The market will bring in visitors to Wichita and the state, including foreign delegations,” said Laura Lombard, the holiday market planning chair and director of the international division for the Kansas Department of Commerce. “The event shows outside businesses and talent looking to come to Kansas that we are a welcoming state that celebrates diversity and multiculturalism.”
Visitors will experience more than 40 countries represented at the three-day event. The shopping market allows you to buy unique gifts for family and friends you can’t find anywhere else. Kansas and artisanal goods from around the world will be within your reach.
“As Wichita hosts this new and exciting holiday event, we’re not just focused on its immediate impact,” said President and CEO of Visit Wichita Susie Santo. “We’re considering its legacy, and how it will continue to drive tourism, stimulate the local economy, and make our city an even more attractive place to live, work, and visit.”
Kansas Global Holiday Market Key Highlights:
- Global Culinary Delights: Taste traditional dishes from various countries, from Caribbean dishes to Japanese boba tea and German spiced wine. Adults can relax in the biergarten with a stein of something festive.
- Cultural Showcase: Enjoy performances from artists representing cultures around the world. There will be cultural demonstrations, holiday music, and dances from a variety of countries. Including Indian, Chinese, African, Mexican, European, and Middle Eastern dance, music, demonstrations, and storytelling.
- Artisan Market: Holiday gifts and decorations handcrafted by local and global artisans will be available for purchase.
- Family-friendly Activities: Children can visit Santa, enjoy storytime with Mrs. Claus, and visit one of Santa’s reindeers, among other activities.
- Community Unity: The Kansas Global Holiday Market reflects the commitment to unity, diversity, and inclusion. It’s an opportunity for Kansans to come together and celebrate the holiday season as one.
“The Kansas Global Holiday Market is more than a festive gathering; it is a passport to unity for Wichita,” said Director of Talent, Workforce Development and Community Engagement at Greater Wichita Partnership Ricki Ellison. “By bringing together diverse holiday traditions from around the world, the market fosters a sense of global community in the Heart of Wichita.”
Admission for the holiday market is $15 for adults, $7.50 for children and ages 4 and under are free. This one price of admission will get you in for the entire three-day event. For more information about the Kansas Global Holiday Market click here.